This year has raced by and it is almost summer. For Vegans enjoy FREE Paleo Vegetable and Paleo Herb Recipes. See how many of your favorite vegetables and herbs can be grown on youre yard or patio. 4 FREE Paleo Vegetable Recipes.
Vegetables and herbs can be grown in backyards and your small plants can be grown on the patio. Arugula has healthy green elongated and lobular leaves and originated in the Mediterranean. Commonly, used in salads contains Vitamin C and Vitamin K, minerals copper and iron. Arugula is a herb not a vegetable.
Carrots are root vegetables rich in Vitamin B complex and a good source of Vitamin A.
Cauliflower is a vegetable and comes in variety of colors. The colors range from white, yellow and purple. Can be grown in the backyard or as a flowering plant on the patio. Cauliflower has no cholesterol, contains Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C.
Tomatoes are a vegetable. Large tomatoes can be grown in the yard but your small cherry tomatoes can be potted and grown on the patio. High fiber vegetable rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Thyme ancient Egyptians used thyme as for embalming, in their baths and used as incense. A perennial herb usually planted in the spring. Grows best in hot sunny location and soil well drained. Can be used fresh or dried. Thymes medicinal benefits are as anti-bacterial. Thyme is an herb.
In Paleo Diet Recipes rice is not allowed in the Paleo Diet. Rice can be eliminated from the diet or a substitute with cauliflower. Cauliflower is a vegetable closely related to broccoli but its florets tend to be white, yellow or purple and are denser and more compact. Usually the white or yellow cauliflower is used as a Paleo rice substitute. Cauliflower can be eaten raw or cooked.
Arugula Salad Paleo Vegetable Recipe
– 3 cups fresh Arugula
– 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
– 3/4 cup fresh blackberries or cranberries
-1/4 cup dried raisins
– 1 1/2 cup walnuts soaked
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp nutmeg
– Wash arugula, strawberries and blackberries/cranberries and set aside to dry.
– Cut strawberries in quarter or halves
– Slice walnuts in halves
– Mix arugula, strawberries, blackberries/cranberries, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg
– Top salad with balsamic dressing of choice.
– Paleo Balsamic Dressing Recipe: In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
The Paleo Diet does not allow rice or potatoes. A good Paleo substitute for potatoes and rice can be cauliflower. Cauliflower can be home grown and eaten raw or cooked.
– Keep refrigerated and unwashed until ready to cook.
– Outer leaves should be removed.
– In core of cauliflower place deep X.
– 3 1/2 quarts of salted boiling water place whole cauliflower stem first.
– Cook for approximately 20 -25 minutes and remove cauliflower.
– Let cauliflower cool.
– Once cauliflower has cooled cut cauliflower to a rice-like consistency.
TGI CopyCat Recipe
Restaurant Copycat Recipes
-1 pound baby carrots
-8 ounces mushrooms
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 Tbsp Kosher salt
-2 Tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
-2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
-1 tsp ground black pepper
– Divide this mixture into two equal parts. Toss the carrots in half of the mixture and the mushrooms in the other half of the mixture.
– Place the carrots and mushrooms separately on cookie sheets. Roast in preheated oven at 500ºF. until soft (carrots will take longer).
Provided by:America’a Secret Recipe